From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 15:01:19 EST

    I am not suggesting we need to focus on the TWAIN interface or adopt their
    syntax but, as we encounter terminology in developing our own MFD scanner
    and scan service schema, it may be helpful to review existing references
    (such as TWAIN) to avoid redefining terms. See, for example, TWAIN
    sections 8 (datatypes) and 9 (capabilities). If someone is aware of a
    better or preferred reference please identify.

    http://www.twain.org/docs/TWAIN19.pdf

    Regards,
    Harry

    Harry Lewis
    Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Standards
    Phone: 303-924-5337
    e-mail: harryl@us.ibm.com
    infoprint.com

    picture