PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> The Input Switching Group

RE: PMP> The Input Switching Group

Caruso,Angelo (Angelo_Caruso@wb.xerox.com)
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:21:14 PST

Bob,

I agree, there are too many objects. I think we both agree on the
objects we need to keep (though I may have confused you with my

prtInputMediaLoadTimeout and
prtInputNextIndex.

And, we should remove prtInputAutoSwitch.

This will require that we wordsmith the descriptions for the objects we
keep. The only issue I have left is that in my experience we would
apply prtInputNextIndex first when the tray goes empty. Then, if it's
value is zero, we would apply prtInputMediaLoadTimeout. According to
the current description for the timeout it's the other way round --
timeout first, then switch. This does not make sense to me.

I think we need people to respond with their implementation experience.
Do most printers check to see if they should autoswitch first, then
apply the timeout? Or do most printers timeout first, then decide if
they should autoswitch?

Any other opinions?

Thanks,
Angelo