PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Persent/On/Off

Re: PMP> Persent/On/Off

Gail Songer (Gail.Songer@eng.efi.com)
Mon, 19 May 1997 15:43:42 -0700

Harry,

I find this very similar in flavor to a duplexor. If a duplexor is installed
then, in some implementations, the printer inserts 2 rows into the media path
table, one for duplexLongEdge and one for duplexShortEdge. If the user turns
duplexing "ON" from the front panel, then one of the two duplex rows is chosen
as the default media path. If duplexing is "OFF" then the simplex is chosen as
the dafault. If duplexing is turned "OFF", a pdl may still request it, and if
it is "ON, a PDL may choose not to use it.

Using the above at a template, I would say that your ON/OFF varaible should
report the default mode of the option with the understanding that the PDL can
request a different mode if the option is present.

Gail