PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Deadlines

RE: PMP> Deadlines

Bob Pentecost (bpenteco@boi.hp.com)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:12:31 -0600

From: Chris Wellens[SMTP:chrisw@iwl.com]
> Sent: Thursday, July 24, 1997 12:03 PM
> To: pmp@pwg.org
> Subject: PMP> Deadlines
>=20
<stuff deleted>
>=20
> Jay had asked earlier:
>=20
> > What if you're against a proposal because you believe the time
> > it would take to assimilate the proposal into the working
> > draft would exceed the deadline for the draft?
>=20
> Then you assess how much time it would take for you to do a
> proper evaluation and set of comments and you tell the WG chairs
> how much time you would need. (This is happening with=20
> great frequency on the SNMPv3 mailing list.) =20
>=20
> Since we are past our deadline, I must ask everyone how much
> additional time you believe is required to get to resolution on the=20
> big set of issues (Hasting's Five Alternatives)? 24 hours?, 48
> hours? We do need to close down the MIB and the working group.
> The mailing list and discussion can continue. =20

It would take me most (probably all) of next week to get a complete =
answer. I would have to get together the people that are the experts in =
localization, JetAdmin (for various systems) and printer firmware; =
explain the problem and proposed solutions to them; let them evaluate =
the impact to their components; collect and summarize their comments.=20

I can do this but I have to be assured that it would be of value. So far =
we've been coming up with various solutions and tweaking them. Are we =
sure that one of the five alternatives will be the final answer? I don't =
want to waste the time of a bunch of people.

In all honesty, I feel like we've completed the Printer MIB several =
times now. I want to get it "out the door".

Bob Pentecost
HP

----
http://www.iwl.com/
> --=3D=3D--=3D=3D--=3D=3D- InterWorking Labs, Inc. 244 Santa Cruz =
Ave, Aptos, CA 95003
----