PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Status of Printer MIB

Re: PMP> Status of Printer MIB

Ira Mcdonald x10962 (imcdonal@eso.mc.xerox.com)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:59:39 PDT

Hi Ron,

Thanks for sending your concurrence on staying at 'Proposed Standard'
status for the new Printer MIB v2. Thanks also for noting that some
changes were NOT included earlier this year specifically in order
to stay closer to the original Printer MIB (RFC 1759), in order to
be able to go to a higher status with Printer MIB v2.

Also, while your intent was clear (in your note, below), you're
terms for standardization status are a little confused. As
'standards track' RFC proceeds through three (3) levels:

Proposed Standard - lowest level (first on the 'track')
Draft Standard - middle level (second on the 'track')
[Final] Standard - highest level (last on the 'track')

Note that VERY few RFCs have achieved '[Final] Standard'
status in recent years and not many have achieved 'Draft
Standard' status, so the Printer MIB is in good company.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald