PMP Mail Archive: PMP> RE: IPP> RE: Registering MIME PDLs

PMP> RE: IPP> RE: Registering MIME PDLs

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 19:55:24 EST

    Hi Tom and Harry,

    Two comments:
    1) RFC 2048 (MIME Part 4: Registration Procedures, November 1996)
       is stable and works fine - that's how 'application/ipp' was
       registered - someone just has to do the work to write the
       registration form for EACH new MIME type
    2) Characterizing XHTML-Print as work 'for W3C' is wildly wrong.
       It's very unlikely that the W3C will ever accept XHTML-Print,
       because it violates a whole series of MANDATORY requirements
       in the W3C's WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) stds about
       fully separating content from presentation (like page breaks)
       to achieve universal accessibility to mobile users and disabled
       users (among others).

    - Ira McDonald