PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Greets and a Question

PMP> Greets and a Question

From: Aguilera, Patricio (Patricio.Aguilera@usa.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 13:42:15 EST

    Hello everyone,

    I signed up with the mailing list today at the recommendation of someone
    responding to a question I had posted in the comp.protocols.snmp newsgroup.
    That being said, here's my question:

    I've got a quick question about the SubUnitStatus described in the Printer
    MIB (RFC 1759) on page 24. Specifically, I'm trying to find out what the
    difference between "Unavailable and OnRequest", "Unavailable because Broken"
    and "Unknown".

    I'm pretty sure I understand what "Unavailable because Broken" means, but
    I'm just seeking some clarification because I'm not entirely certain where
    "Unavailable and OnRequest" would be used.

    -Thank you-

    Patricio Aguilera