PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Greets and a Question

Re: PMP> Greets and a Question

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 17:24:40 EST

    This topic was discussed at the Jan PWG meeting. An example of where
    "Unavailable and OnRequest" is an appropriate status would be when the
    printer has received a print job that requests a media size which in not
    currently loaded. In this case, the printer implementation may flash a
    message on the opPanel indicating that the desired media should be loaded.
    Until such time as the new media has been configured and is available for
    printing, the printer could expose status "Unavailable and OnRequest".

    Hope this helps answer your question.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM Printing Systems

    "Aguilera, Patricio" <Patricio.Aguilera@usa.xerox.com>