PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> [Typo confusion] Updates for IANA

RE: PMP> [Typo confusion] Updates for IANA Printer MIB

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 00:36:16 EDT

    I agree it makes more sense now.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM STSM
    http://www.pwg.org
    IBM Printing Systems
    http://www.ibm.com/printers
    303-924-5337

    "McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>
    Sent by: pmp-owner@pwg.org
    07/26/2005 11:08 AM

    "'Wijnen, Bert (Bert)'" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, "McDonald, Ira"
    <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>, "'pmp@pwg.org'" <pmp@pwg.org>
    cc

    Subject
    RE: PMP> [Typo confusion] Updates for IANA Printer MIB

    Hi Bert,

    Darn it - my typo. What it's supposed to say is:

    (3) PrtAlertGroupTC - delete the erroneous comment
            -- (2) is reserved for conformance information

    (4) PrtAlertGroupTC - add
            unknown(2), -- Not in RFC 1759

    That is, we're only deleting an ASN.1 comment! Which
    was added in RFC 3805 and was _wrong_ anyway - we don't
    need to indicate that prtMIBConformance was the source
    of an alert!

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434