PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> [delete ppmPrinterEnabled] Restru

RE: PMP> [delete ppmPrinterEnabled] Restructured Port MIB (18 Jul y 2005)

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 13:42:01 EDT

    Hi Bert,

    You're right of course. We haven't before wrestled with OID
    assignment by the PWG for MIBs. In fact only the IEEE-ISTO PWG
    Secretary (currently Jerry Thrasher of Lexmark) has the authority
    to assign/approve the base MIB arc when the Candidate Standard
    is published.

    In the future, we'll adopt the 'nnnn -- to be assigned by PWG'
    approach. Of course, when we have a prototyping interop test,
    we'll have to choose _something_ for an experimental number
    (for documents still in working drafts stage).

    What do the IETF chartered working groups do during development?
    Do they very use 'experimental' for this?

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434