PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> [delete ppmPrinterEnabled] Restru

RE: PMP> [delete ppmPrinterEnabled] Restructured Port MIB (18 Jul y 2005)

From: Wijnen, Bert (Bert) (bwijnen@lucent.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 02:29:02 EDT

    Inline

    Good to hear

    > In the future, we'll adopt the 'nnnn -- to be assigned by PWG'
    > approach. Of course, when we have a prototyping interop test,
    > we'll have to choose _something_ for an experimental number
    > (for documents still in working drafts stage).
    >
    > What do the IETF chartered working groups do during development?
    > Do they very use 'experimental' for this?

    Some WGs use experimental (but even in those cases I recommend to
    no reorder/change OID assignments; but of course we're not strict on
    checking that; it is experimental after all). Some WGs agree on some
    vendor subtree for the testing event only, so after the event it
    goes back to nnnn up till approval.

    Hope this helps,
    Bert