UPD Mail Archive: UPD> Media Names Spec Discussion

UPD> Media Names Spec Discussion

From: RonBergman@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 16:32:46 EDT

    We have been getting complaints regarding the multiple
    postings regarding this subject. Some members only see
    a single message (such as myself) and others see all.
    So I am requesting that all future messages on this
    subject be sent only to the ipp mail list.

    Also, there have been several requests for new names to
    be added to the document without any real definition of
    the name. (For example, requesting the name "foobar"
    with the definition "this is a foobar type", is not
    adequate.) If you would like me to add a definition,
    I will guarantee that it will not be what you expect.
    So, please provide a definition or no further consideration will be given to the request.

        Ron Bergman
        Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions