I did some work over the week-end to implement the global media handling as in version 0.6.
So when you check the XML, it's all in the print media handling.
I had to remove the previous media sizes, as we now have slightly different elements. E.g. we got rid of the x and y coordinate.
I created a new list based on a real product.
I added media types this time.
The mother sample will not have media color and media coating, as the selected product does not support it either. But if somebody wants to support it, it's not much different to media types.
I don't have a doc file to describe the print media handling on the latest level. To be done.
When checking MediaSize and MediaType notice the dependency between the global and the proprietary ID. The proprietary ID is only set when the global ID is proprietary-media-type. A driver would ignore the proprietary ID in all other cases.
See that all the keywords are following the rules of the global media spec.
As in all other features the ID is supposed to be unique. All other attributes could theoretically be identical for some records. We can talk it over in the telecon more in detail.
I tried to reflect all changes in the locales and command sequence XML files. The English locale very often is better up-to-date.
I only implemented command sequences for the media sizes so far.
I know very well that I left out job language up to now.
Check the dtd, especially the entities and the print media handling.
The entities have the new media lists.
The print media handling is heavily changing from elements to attributes these days, which is just the right thing to do. Not yet finished, but far down the road.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Apr 16 2001 - 21:28:33 EDT