UPD Mail Archive: UPD> changes in latest version from today

UPD> changes in latest version from today

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 17:56:58 EDT

    The UPDF version I put to the web today has a number of improvements.

    We made the naming more consistent.
    A dot is no more allowed within a name of an element or an attribute.
    The dot will work as a separator when an element has to be specified by its complete or at least partial path like
    PrintCapabilities.Print_Features.DeviceResolutionList.DeviceResolution.HorizontalResolution.

    Some elements have got a prefix 'TBD_'. this indicates that the feature is not completely solved, under construction or it is just a reminder not to forget to work on that later. Your feedback on those features is appreciated, but it may change or even disappear during further development.

    We have split the locale identifier in the locale dtd now. There is a language and a separate country entry now. This allows almost every dreamable combination for the last polar bear living in the jungle.

    You will find that the sample data is much more consistent now, where we previously just threw in just something to show an entry. You may check the 'UI_String_xxx' references in name id attributes and the English locale as a sample.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principle Software Engineer
    Host Software Group