UPD Mail Archive: UPD> heads up, XML experts

UPD> heads up, XML experts

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 14:03:09 EDT

    It looks as if some browsers (I use Internet Explorer) do not like XML declarations ( line starts: <?xml) in dtd, while they are expecting it in xml files.
    I am surprised, as even my XML Bible shows at least one sample dtd file, which has that entry - and cannot be viewed in IE.
    Does anybody have the overview to make a comment here?
    Must/should we remove that top line from our dtd files?

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principle Software Engineer
    Host Software Group