UPD Mail Archive: UPD> changes during schema conversion

UPD> changes during schema conversion

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 16:17:08 EDT

    I made a number of changes during the conversion. Some of them were necessary because of the new syntax, I made some others using the schema advantages and fixed some details.

    1. In the XML files based on the dtd there were some a-dtype references.
    That was dtd specific is has been removed.
    2. The entities have kind of mutated to data types.
    So I renamed the file 'UPDF Entities.dtd' to 'UPDF Data Types.xsd'.
    I renamed some xsd files while adding blanks to make it more human readable, as we already did for the XML files some time ago.
    3. Referring to other schemas is a lot nicer now in my view.
    It's a real include, as you can check.
    And we do not need the OptionalDummyForExternalEntities any more, which was a trick anyhow. Removed.
    4. I removed the entity engine_enum.
    The corresponding attribute accepts any string now. Will be edited on request in future.
    5. I renamed some entities/data types to line them up.
    ren duplex_enum global_media_duplex_enum
    ren duplex_processing_enum media_duplex_processing_enum
    ren staple_orientation_enum media_staple_orientation_enum
    ren staple_horizontal_position_enum media_horizontal_position
    ren staple_vertical_position_enum media_vertical_position
    ren scaling_enum media_scaling_enum

    That's it.
    If somebody feels home in xsd schemas, let me know!!! There will be chances to improve the schemas by using the new features schemas provide.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principle Software Engineer
    Host Software Group