I made a number of changes during the conversion. Some of them were necessary because of the new syntax, I made some others using the schema advantages and fixed some details.
1. In the XML files based on the dtd there were some a-dtype references.
That was dtd specific is has been removed.
2. The entities have kind of mutated to data types.
So I renamed the file 'UPDF Entities.dtd' to 'UPDF Data Types.xsd'.
I renamed some xsd files while adding blanks to make it more human readable, as we already did for the XML files some time ago.
3. Referring to other schemas is a lot nicer now in my view.
It's a real include, as you can check.
And we do not need the OptionalDummyForExternalEntities any more, which was a trick anyhow. Removed.
4. I removed the entity engine_enum.
The corresponding attribute accepts any string now. Will be edited on request in future.
5. I renamed some entities/data types to line them up.
ren duplex_enum global_media_duplex_enum
ren duplex_processing_enum media_duplex_processing_enum
ren staple_orientation_enum media_staple_orientation_enum
ren staple_horizontal_position_enum media_horizontal_position
ren staple_vertical_position_enum media_vertical_position
ren scaling_enum media_scaling_enum
If somebody feels home in xsd schemas, let me know!!! There will be chances to improve the schemas by using the new features schemas provide.
Principle Software Engineer
Host Software Group
Oak Technology, Inc.
10 Presidential Way
Woburn, MA 01801
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Aug 09 2001 - 16:17:15 EDT