UPD Mail Archive: UPD> changes done so far

UPD> changes done so far

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 11:27:14 EDT

    Items done:
    1., 2. (including all subitems, no changes for 2.6.), 3., 4. (including all subitems, Print Media Handling merged into master schema, Interdepenedencies merged into master schema), 6., 7., 16.
    All new files will be on the web site in two minutes.
    Files 'UPDF Print Media Handling.xsd' and 'UPDF Interdependencies.xsd' are deleted.
    During this process I moved Print_Features.Physical to Print_Header.Physical.

    Looks impressive, but we have some serious ones left:
    5., 8., 9., 10., 11., 12., 13., 14., 15.
    Expect separate emails for those. We need more input from you to make the right decisions.
    Please acknowledge that we (right now especially Oak, Granite and IBM) are fighting with big effort about the best solution, having the best implementation in mind all the time. Understand that we do a lot of work you would face when implementing UPDF in your development environment. So I think we may expect more feedback on the open items.
    If you have some comments, please send it to the reflector (upd@pwg.org) and not directly to me or others.
    Expect a number of questions on current battles in the reflector from me today.
    To be frank: If we do not get more feedback, that could be interpreted as an indicator that others do not think about an implementation as much as we do these days, where we got closer and closer to the end of the specification. And that would be a statement as well - not the one I'm waiting for!

    It is intended to solve all these items before the next conference not to get into the situation that we spend too much time talking about technical details in Texas, but concentrate on managing the work and setting directions. We have to improve on that compared to Toronto.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principal Software Engineer
    Advanced Development / Connectivity