UPD Mail Archive: UPD> item 9

UPD> item 9

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 12:56:33 EDT

    This should be a simple one.
    It is not the question whether we want to do that, more how.
    Please check the attributes of DeviceCapabilities.Device_Header for that. You'll find five attributes called DescriptionInfox. These are meant to hold some information you may find in dialogs commonly called About box. It may show info about copyright, the company having deleveloped the description, etc.
    In Toronto I had the feeling that the requirement for one or more chances to enter 'legal notes' we intended for a different purpose - more like what I tend to see when I install a new application.

    Please put your request together. A sample would make it easier to understand.

    And if the current structures cannot provide what you need and we agree that we want it, we should be able to add it quickly.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principal Software Engineer
    Advanced Development / Connectivity