UPD Mail Archive: UPD> item 13

UPD> item 13

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 15:17:54 EDT

    We have removed the current GenericPDLOutput feature.
    After some discussion in Toronto and the last days we decided that it's not necessary to design a feature for that.
    In any EventElement we can add (and have today) a CommandSequence_ID, which does the same. See samples later today. Done on my computer.
    While the EventFeature attribute refers to a feature, which setting - and therefore command sequence - depends on the current setting of the driver or application, fixed command sequences, as those called generic PDL output before and been independent from parameters, can be referenced directly in the event instead of doing another investigation of a feature. You still find the real command sequence in the proper command sequence xml file.
    In case an EventElement has an EventFeature as well as a CommandSequence_ID the command sequence is to be sent first.

    I have added RAM and available memory (for things like font download) to the mother sample. See samples later today on the web site.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principal Software Engineer
    Advanced Development / Connectivity