UPD Mail Archive: UPD> item 5

UPD> item 5

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 15:31:14 EDT

    We have removed the Parameter Converter completely from the locales.
    Unless heavily requested we'll go without it even in the Name_ID attributes.
    This does no more allow things like a variable label dependent on some setting.
    Together with the new design of variable records (RAM and Percentage) this requires that the driver/client converts the current setting of these features automatically into something useful. But that should be ok and standard in current drivers as well.
    That settles item 5.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principal Software Engineer