UPD Mail Archive: Re: UPD> latest locale implementations

Re: UPD> latest locale implementations

From: Jim Sommer (jsommer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 07:48:57 EST

    My vote is to go with "optional common text strings" for two reasons. First
    is that User Policies shouldn't have to have these elements and this takes
    care of that problem. Second is that implementations are going to vary
    widely and we don't know exactly what strings are going to be required.
    Since we can't come up with them all and we don't know if all the ones we
    define are going to be used, it doesn't make sense to me to make them
    required. Also, we'll probably find many UPDFs that get written for a
    specific drivers. It doesn't seem right to require elements that are known
    to be unused in the target environment.

    Jim