UPD Mail Archive: UPD> User Interface

UPD> User Interface

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 15:29:15 EDT

    At the conference last week we could only spend little time on the question whether UPDF, level 1, needs a rough description of the intended user interface dialog structure.
    During the meeting we saw a number of problems popping up with that intention.
    1. Might become a quite complex section.
    We would have to limit ourselves to a certain common denominator, as we request any UPDF driver to support the full set of functions if it uses a feature.
    2. Perhaps several user interface structures for different platform environments (PC desktop, cell phones, cameras, etc.).
    Please provide your comments the next two weeks.

    Would it help you or rather be an obstacle to have a UI structure as part of UPDF???

    Richard Hart from Compaq will do some investigation about TLC, which apparently could be used as a run-time language for dialog handling. that would be another direction. Other helpful alternatives in sight?

    We will leave the TBD_UserInterface structure in the schema for a while for demonstration purpose to ease the discussion, although we are not using it in the sample.

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive
    North Chelmsford, MA 01863
    978-251-1017