UPD Mail Archive: UPD> editable combo boxes and input patter

UPD> editable combo boxes and input patterns

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 22:12:35 EDT

    We have been looking for a way to propose predefined values to a device description developer, but allow him/her to still overwrite them. By using memberTypes in a union this is possible. XML Spy supports that functionality properly. Try it out with the latest schemas, which I have updated a minute ago. You may check the FaceName element of the device font section as a sample. You can see three predefined typeface names, but you can enter your own one. That was the intended behavior.
    By following that syntax we get closer to the Semantic Model, too. Another goal of ours.

    Another detail of the syntax we use lately is patterns to help the developer entering the proper values when they are proprietary up to some degree.

    We praticed this syntax within the font handling first. That is now almost finished.
    This will help us merging the Predefined_ID and Proprietary_ID into one classifying ID in other areas of the schemas. This will get us again closer to the Semantic Model and the capabilities schema, which was developed by some people around Bob Taylor and is under discussion for a while.

    Try it out. You may check the data types schema first (study the font related types).

    Regards
    Norbert

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive