I have almost finished an effort I was shy off for some time: the review of the font handling. I collected the input of the last year and have spent some serious time with it.
The ftp site (0.86 directory) is updated.
I have to do some finishing touches with the DeviceFont attributes and in the area of modifying attributes. But that's minor now and may be done by tomorrow.
- review of most data types. Before everything was a string, which allowed for too many mistakes. Now I think it guides a developer much better.
- I edited the corresponding sample description as well. The two fonts still have some arbitrary settings, but now it's quite realistic and based on the new data types.
- I renamed some elements and attributes to get closer to the Semantic Model syntax.
- I reviewed the modifying attributes section.
- I updated the complete font section in the specification documentation (almost finished). This is now much more informative! And properly formatted, too.
We are waiting for some input on NameIDs from AGFA to provide at least some popular font names. I'll implement it as we get them.
Get back to me, if you still miss something. Or have other feedback.
69 Prescott Drive
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Jun 10 2003 - 22:23:03 EDT