UPD Mail Archive: UPD> align UPDF and FSG

UPD> align UPDF and FSG

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 18:27:49 EST

    Mark,
    I offer a telecon tomorrow. you pick the time. proposal: 2pm EST, which should be right after lunch your time.

    I will check pages 11 to 16 (included) of the latest pdf file from Feb 16 in ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/driver/

    I expect that everybody involved has all UPDF schemas open, which are available at ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/upd/wd/schemas/
    we will mainly concentrate on the master schema UPDF.xsd and the data types schema UPDFDataTypes.xsd. Keep in mind that we refer to the PWG Semantic Model schemas at various opportunities.

    Questions upfront:
    - Do you have your stuff ready in XML (this is extremely important)?
    - I see a setting 'None' every now and then. Is that corresponding to the UPDF 'device-setting'?

    The agenda is simple: we would compare your data types with ours, feature by feature.
    should not need more than half an hour to find out common issues and differences.
    I'm not planning on discussing the results in the phone call - just gather data, which both parties agree on.

    Let me know
    Norbert

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive