UPD Mail Archive: UPD> fsg extension schema started

UPD> fsg extension schema started

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 12:44:04 EST

    We have started extending the data types with some FSG values.

    see that the UPDF data types schema imports the new fsg data types extension schema.
    see that the new fsg schema has its own namespace. check the namespace stuff at various locations (it is all near the top of the files).

    What I did so far:

    General: For some more features I added a device-setting in the.

    Color
    not covered here. will be handled separately.

    Copies
    we think our spec is what we want.
    a device-setting does not work well with spin controls. we better stay out of that in UPDF. same for ScalingPercentage.

    MediaColor
    please check the new pattern we have added in the UPDF data types.
    this gives everybody a chance to add RGB info to the ClassifyingID in a way that the driver can extract it programmatically and still follows the pwg pattern definition.

    MediaCoatingWKV
    - inkjet added

    MediaInputTrayCheckValue
    - tons added
    - AutoSelect = None (this is a duplicate, I have not added AutoSelect)

    MediaSizeName (MediaSize in UPDF, Size in PWG Semantic Model)
    fine as is.

    MediaType
    we like what we have in UPDF.

    MediaUnprintableMargins (MediaHardwareMargins in UPDF)
    we like what we have in UPDF.

    Margins
    we do not support page margins in UPDF. we assume the margins are resolved as part of the positioning or part of the raster graphic.

    NumberUp including borders and direction
    we like what we have in UPDF.

    OutputBinValue (the feature is called OutputBin in UPDF and PWG Semantic Model)
    - a lot added

    PrintQuality
    in UPDF we assume that this is either a GenericFeature, in which case it's basic like on a simple dot matrix or inkjet printer, or a CompositeFeature, in which case it's a composition of other features and their settings.
    we will not have that feature predefined in UPDF.

    Resolution (the feature is called PrinterResolution in UPDF and PWG Semantic Model)
    we like what we have in UPDF.

    Rotation (the feature is called OrientationRequested in UPDF and PWG Semantic Model)
    we like what we have in UPDF.
    there should not be a 'device-setting' option.

    ScalingType, SheetCollate, Sides
    not covered here. will be handled separately.

    ScalingPercentage
    we like what we have in UPDF.
    there should not be a 'device-setting' option, like in Copies.

    Various Stitching features
    not covered here. will be handled separately.

    that covers a lot I think.
    I polished some details since we discussed it yesterday.

    Comments?

    Regards
    Norbert

    Norbert Schade