VOTES ARE CONFIDENTIAL! See voting instructions below.
This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on
the IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 document as a PWG Best Practices
recommendation, which is located at:
The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:
The minutes of the IPP WG review of LCRC changes was on 27 June
2019 and are posted at:
This Formal Vote starts Today, 17 July 2019 and ends at 10pm (US Pacific
Time) on 16 August 2019. Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with Strong
Representatives from PWG member companies are _STRONGLY_
encouraged to exercise their right to vote.
PWG officers or document editors.
HOW TO VOTE
Send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:
IPP Authentication Methods 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last
IPP Authentication Methods 1.0 Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes
1. Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain
a description of the *technical* changesrequired to turn the "No" vote into
"Yes" vote - otherwise the "No" vote will NOT be counted, per PWG
2. Any "No" vote MUST NOT contain *editorial* comments, per PWG
3. Any "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
4. Any "Yes" vote MUST NOT contain any *technical* comments, per PWG
5. Any "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE
Please send your vote to *all* of the following email addresses:
smith.kennedy at hp.com (Smith Kennedy, PWG Chair, IPP Auth Editor)
alan.sukert at xerox.com (Alan Sukert, PWG Vice Chair)
blueroofmusic at gmail.com (Ira McDonald, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)
msweet at apple.com (Mike Sweet, IPP WG Secretary)
Please do NOT simply reply to this note on the PWG-Announce or IPP WG
lists (to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).
1. This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG
and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality
The PWG Membership Agreement calls out both of these documents and the
are provided below.
2. To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of
PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues for 2019.
3. The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is
4. The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located
- Ira (PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839 906-494-2434
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...