VOTES ARE CONFIDENTIAL! See voting instructions below.
This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on the IPP Job Extensions v2.0 (JOBEXT) document as a PWG Candidate Standard, which is located at:
The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:
The minutes of the IPP WG review of LCRC changes was on July 18, 2019 and are posted at:
This Formal Vote starts today, July 18, 2019 and ends at 10pm (US Pacific Time) on August 16, 2019. Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with Strong Objection), or Abstain.
Representatives from PWG member companies are STRONGLY encouraged to exercise their right to vote.
HOW TO VOTE
Send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:
IPP Job Extensions 2.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last name>-<Yes/No/Abstain>
IPP Job Extensions 2.0 Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes
1. Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain a description of the *technical* changesrequired to turn the "No" vote into a "Yes" vote - otherwise the "No" vote will NOT be counted, per PWG Process/3.0.
2. Any "No" vote MUST NOT contain *editorial* comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
3. Any "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
4. Any "Yes" vote MUST NOT contain any *technical* comments, per PWG Process/3.0.
5. Any "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE
Please send your vote to *all* of the following email addresses:
smith.kennedy at hp.com (Smith Kennedy, PWG Chair)
alan.sukert at xerox.com (Alan Sukert, PWG Vice Chair)
blueroofmusic at gmail.com (Ira McDonald, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)
msweet at apple.com (Mike Sweet, IPP WG Secretary, IPP Job Extensions v2.0 Editor)
Please do NOT simply reply to this note on the PWG-Announce or IPP WG lists (to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).
1. This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG Process/3.0 and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality agreement. The PWG Membership Agreement calls out both of these documents and the links are provided below.
2. To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of the PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues for 2019.
3. The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is located at:
4. The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located at: