Tomonari Yoshimura yosimura at mol.konicaminolta.jp
Thu Oct 16 00:58:55 EDT 2008

Dear PWG-IDS Members,

We have read through "wd-ids-napsoh10-20081008.pdf" and
would like to confirm the items listed below.
Could you kindly let us know answers or comments on our questions ?

Q1. Section 4.4 HCD Attribute Encoding
  C. VALUE FIELD is fixed size (4octet) or variable size ?
    2. SUB-TLV FIELD is fixed size (8bit) or variable size ?

Q2. Section 4.6.4 HCD DOWNLOADABLE AP NAME SUB-TLV (Sub-Type = 7, Sub-Length =variable)
  2.Downloadable Application Name (4 octets)
  We suppose the length of Downloadable Application Name should be variable.

Q3. Section 4.6.12  HCD CERTIFICATION STATE SUB-TLV  (Sub-Type = 14,  Sub-Length = 4octets)

In wd-idsattributes10-20081013, Section 4.1 General Attribute Definitions
 HCD_Certification_State
 "Since it is being deferred to Phase 2 of the IDS definition process."

  This attribute is not yet defined clearly and being deferred to Phase2.
  Could you let us know when this attribute will be defined ?

Q4. 4.7.1  HCD CONFIGURATION STATE SUB-TLV  (Sub-Type = 15,  Sub-Length = 4octets)
   This attribute is not yet defined clearly.
   Could you let us know when this attribute will be defined ?

Q5. 4.6.1 HCD FIRMWARE VERSION SUB-TLV (Sub-Type = 5, Sub-Length = 16 octets)
4.6.5 HCD DOWNLOADABLE AP VERSION SUB-TLV (Sub-Type = 8, Sub-Length = 20 octets)
4.6.9 HCD RESIDENT AP VERSION SUB-TLV (Sub-Type = 11, Sub-Length = 16 octets)
    The format of VERSION is defined as fixed format.
	1. Major Version Number (4 octets)
	2. Minor Version Number (4 octets)
	3. Build Number (4 octets)
	4. Service Pack, Major Number (2 octets)
	5. Service Pack, Minor Number (2 octets)

  However, some firmware or applications version numbers may not fit to the specified format.
  In such case, is it possible to apply the following rules ?
  If the version number is longer than 16 octets, use only the first 16 octets.
  If the version number is shorter than 16 octets, the rest of data are filled with 0x00.

Thanks in Advance.