IDS> Nov. 6 Agenda

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 22:58:17 EST 2008

Hi,

As sent in Dave's HTML message, those links with concatenated (.doc)
were BROKEN.

Clean links:

Attributes: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idsattributes10-20081023.pdf

NAP Binding: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-ids-napsoh10-20081023.pdf

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Dave Whitehead <david at lexmark.com> wrote:

> Below is the agenda for Thursdays conference call.
>
> Please review the updated documents (attributes/NAP Binding) before the
> meeting and send any comments to the mailing list.
>
> Attributes: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idsattributes10-20081023.pdf
> (.doc)
> NAP Binding: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-ids-napsoh10-20081023.pdf
> (.doc)
>
> Thanks,
>
> dhw
>
> David H. Whitehead
> Development Engineer
> Lexmark International, Inc.
> 859.825.4914
> davidatlexmarkdotcom

> IDS Agenda
>
> Minutes Taker
>
> PWG IP Policy Statement:  Reminder of IP policy.
>
> Accept last CC minutes
>
> Accept F2F minutes
>
> Old Business
>
>         Call for Editors.
>                 Binding document(s) are in need of an Editor.
>
>         Review documents
>                 IDS Attributes
>                 NAP Binding
>
>                 NEA Binding -- need to start
>
>                 Attribute Mappings -- need to complete
>
> Review Action Items
>
>         Joe Murdock will add NAP protocol information to document and update
> the conformance section.
>
>         Randy Turner will try to find other contacts that would be willing
> to work with the PWG to help deploy NEA         health assessment. (Juniper,
> Symantec, Cisco are suggested candidates.) Is                 someone
> willing to sit down with the PWG and "have discussions"?
>
>         Questions for Microsoft.
>
>         1.  The NAP spec states UTF-8 string encoding and TLV elements.
>  There is also a statement about strings being NULL terminated.  We believe
> the NULL terminator was inadvertently                 added since it is not
> required         for TLV elements.  That is, do we really need NULL
> termination?
>
>         2.  Is it Microsoft's current and future desire/intent/direction for
> strings to be UTF-8 encoded?
>
>         3.  Is Microsoft planning any type of interoperability between NAP
> and Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) from the TNC?  Maybe a gateway?
>
>         4.  What happens when a device passes assessment under one mechanism
> but then is challenged again?  For example, first over 802.1x to attach and
> then DHCP to receive an address.  Do         we need to start the assessment
> again from scratch or is there a shortcut?
>
>         5.   It looks like most, if not all, of the evaluation attributes
> will be extensions to NAP.  The only NAP attribute that may be applicable is
> the Product Name.  Is it appropriate for the PWG to use         Product Name
>         or should we define all our attributes as extensions?
>
>         6.  How can we get the extended PWG attributes to be recognized by
> the Microsoft validator/assessor?  Is this a plug-in supplied by a third
> party?  If this is an industry supported solution,                 would
> [...]

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176