IPP> Re: draft-isaacson-ipp-info-00.txt

Alex Bochannek abochann at cisco.com
Wed Nov 27 19:51:11 EST 1996

OK, I subscribed. Just hope I won't get inundated with mail ;-) And
for the record, my interest in printing has (almost) nothing to do
with my work at Cisco.

In case people haven't seen my comments, here we go:

- I don't see any references to fan-fold paper anywhere.

- It appears there is currently no suppurt fo accounting. One can
  certainly argue that this is a function of security which you say
  will be addressed later.

- How do you plan to support color calibration and other features like
  what is provided through PPD files?

- I suspect that PostScript printing control (like spooling, status
  queries, etc.) are not supported as part of the PostScript
  Content-Type, right? It probably should be spelled out.

--
Alex Bochannek                 Phone & Fax : +1 408 526 51 91
Senior Network Analyst         Pager       : +1 408 485 90 92
Cisco Systems, Inc.            Email       : abochannek at cisco.com
170 West Tasman Drive, Bldg. E Pager Email : abochannek at beeper.cisco.com
San Jose, CA 95134-1706, USA