IPP> ADM - 2/19 Teleconference Agenda

Scott Isaacson Scott_Isaacson at novell.com
Wed Feb 19 09:56:15 EST 1997

Thanks to Don Wright for setting up the telecon - a reminder:

Wed, 2/19
Call-in: 1-423-673-6712
Access Code: 190148
Date: 2/12 and 2/19
Time: 4PM Eastern
Duration: 2.5 hrs

Neither Carl-Uno nor Don will be available for the call.  I volunteered to
run the meeting, but I will be looking for a note taker ....

Agenda:

1. Discussion on Area director's recommendation of a co-chair for IPP.
Steve Zilles has agreed to take on the role.  See Carl-Uno's email
message.

2. Review IPP ftp server directory structure - where do things go?  Do
minutes from Model subgroup go under minutes or new_MOD?

3. Review Requirements and Scenarios
- New I-D posted on 2/17
- New scenarios posted on 2/17
- New Issues and Closed posted on 2/17

4. Review Model and Semantics
- New I-D (1.2) posted on 2/14
- review 2-14 meeting notes
- Review new document posted 2/19 ??
- Review decision to not include printer status and job status
in print response
- Review new issues lists posted 2/18

5. Security
- review any new items
- note call on Thursday, February 20, at 1pm Pacific time (duration up to
two hours).  1-800-857 5607  passcode=cmanros
New participants are always welcome!

6. Protocol Spec
- Have we started a doc?
- Do we have a plan?

7. Directory
- Let's pick a time for the Directory subgroup
- Prior to the telecon, review
     1. The I-D
     2. Scenarios dealing with finding and installing
     3.  Roger's comments: Attributes that I've identified in the scenarios
           that do not appear in the model and semantics document:
Driver url
attended/unattended
cost per page
Printer supports:
   compression
   authentication
   payment
   any administratively set limits (e.g. max copies)
   printer's public key
   printer can pull jobs
   printer can pull resources
     4. Directory Issues lists?
- Review issues list posted 2/18

7 Other
- new business
- new issues

Action Item Requests:
- We need somebody to check our Model & Semantics content vs. RFC
1179, to verify our claim that IPP can replace RFC 1179 functionally.
- We have spoken about the need to document why we do not want to
build IPP on RFC 1179. Is anybody prepared to write a separate little
Internet-Draft document to explain this to the world? Not a popular task - I
know!

Talk to you soon:

Scott A. Isaacson
Print Services Consulting Engineer
Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
F: (801) 861-4025, E: scott_isaacson at novell.com
W: http://www.novell.com