FW: IPP> FW: MyPost vs. Post

Babak Jahromi babakj at MICROSOFT.com
Tue Feb 25 14:42:39 EST 1997

Let me calrify a point regarding the support in "stock" clients for new
HTTP methods:

I was not including the browsers here, rather I was referring to the
underlying APIs that clients programs can call to issue these methods
(browsers would just be another client programs in this frame work). I
was basically saying that Win32 Internet/Intranet APIs do allow the use
of a new HTTP method. So anyone, perhaps the IPP printer client module,
can depend on these APIs to issue a custom IPP method over HTTP.

Again, not that I believe we need to do this at this point.

Babak