IPP> MOD - Re. Paper size

Carl-Uno Manros carl at manros.com
Mon Mar 17 10:18:06 EST 1997

Don,

I am not sure if you understood my proposal.  I did not suggest
that the printer had to do reformatting to the new media, but
that you reduce each page image slightly to make it fit on the
other media. A number of applications are able to do this today;
would it be impossible to have the printer do the same?

As for 80% I tend to think it is within. Anybody who is dealing
with sending print files over either the Atlantic or the Pacific
is bound to have this problem. This is a typical Internet problem
vs. a LAN or intranet one. The guys who standardized media failed
considerably in this area, which means that people like us need
to find a remedy. Am I really on my own here?

Carl-Uno