IPP> ADM - Novell Press Release

Stan McConell stanmcc at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Apr 11 21:28:58 EDT 1997

At 06:57 PM 4/10/97 PDT, Carl-Uno Manros wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Attached is a Novell press release on IPP.
>
>Enjoy...

Oh, I did!  Especially the part about the ... Lightweight ... *Directory*
... Printing Application (LDPA).  But I do hope you will find a way print
some *Documents* as well.

>Carl-Uno
>Attachment Converted: "C:\DATA\ATTACH\IPPNews.htm"
>
>Carl-Uno Manros
>Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
>701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
>Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
>Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com

 . . . .

And Jay, in answer to your message, remember that in the eyes of the IETF,
the IPP project did not exist until THEY said it existed; and therefore
this week was the first meeting.  And why would you need any meetings
previously?  The press release said the standard was already developed, so
obviously, the group was chartered simply to ratify it.  (;-)