IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference 971015

IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference 971015

IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference 971015

Turner, Randy rturner at sharplabs.com
Wed Oct 15 19:31:06 EDT 1997


Scott (and everybody...)


I sent mail out a week or so ago about the procedure for clients
to determine what TCP port to use for connecting to an IPP
server.  I received no negative comments and was wondering
about the possibility of including this text in the model 
document?


Randy




> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Scott Isaacson [SMTP:SISAACSON at novell.com]
> Sent:	Wednesday, October 15, 1997 4:07 PM
> To:	cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com; ipp at pwg.org
> Subject:	Re: IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference
> 971015
> 
> Additional Note:
> 
> We discussed the need for ALL additional comments to be in the
> following
> form:
> 
> ************
> Suggested wording changes to the document using line numbers and
> section
> numbers.  
> ************
> 
> We will not get done if we continue to allow for vague, not written,
> general
> comments about chanes, additions, or deletions.  Proposals need to be
> rewrites of existing sections or written new sections with proposed
> placement within the document.  All comments should be clarifications
> or
> fixes to broken things, we are not allowing new functionality.
> 
> Scott
> 
> 
> >>> Carl-Uno Manros <cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com> 10/15 4:31 PM >>>
> Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference 971015
> 
> Attending: Carl-Uno Manros
>            Steve Zilles
>            Tom Hastings
>            Scott Isaacson
>            Bob Herriot
>            Ron Bergman
>            Randy Turner
>            Ira Mcdonald
>            Patrick Powell
> 
> - Review and comments on proposed solutions and text to meet the IETF
> I18N
> requirements:
> 
> Long and intensive discussion covering how many different sources you
> might
> have for languages and how much flexibility is required in one
> request/response as well as associated with one printer or job object.
> One
> of the major objectives was not to complicate the protocol encoding
> too
> much. A solution was schetched up. It will be further refined and
> documented by Tom, Bob and Ira to go out on the DL early next week.
> 
> - How do we handle the definition of the application/ipp
> specification?
> 
> Considering that we have now simplified some of the I18N solution, the
> specification of the application/ipp text should be fairly straight
> forward. Ira will update his earlier draft for inclusion as Appendix
> in the
> Model document.
>  
> - What do we do with the auto-sensing feature (see comments from Ned
> Freed)?
> 
> The agreement was that the combination of a MIME type octet string
> document
> in combination with the Fidelity attribute set to FALSE, would
> indicate
> that the server would be allowed to try auto-sensing, if implemented.
> No
> new MIME type is required with this solution, and no new attribute
> will be
> added. Tom to check out and update the text if needed.
> 
> - Comments on Don's revised Requirements draft.
> 
> No comments at this stage on Don's latest draft circulated a couple of
> days
> ago. Instruct Don to pass the document on to the IETF ASAP. In worst
> case
> we can issue yet another draft later.
> 
> - Stand of the Model & Semantics document?
> 
> Scott has just circulated another intermediate draft for comments. He
> expects to do further tidying up of references etc., while waiting for
> the
> latest home work assignments to arrive. Steve has an outstanding home
> work
> assignment on describing relationships between different sets of
> attributes
> etc. Scott will need at least another week before being ready to send
> the
> Model document out as new I-D. Plesase read latest draft and give
> comments.
> 
> - Stand of the Rationale document?
> 
> Steve is still working on this. Expect to have the new draft out to
> the DL
> early next week.
> 
> - Can we keep the schedule outlined in last week's phone conference?
> 
> We are already delayed, the risk that we will not get ready this year
> is
> now relatively high, but we should try to keep up the speed. New
> objective
> is to have all texts ready and sent to the IETF to start the WG last
> call
> at the very latest before our next face-to-face meeting on October 29.
> 
> Next phone conference is next Wednesday as usual. I have a scheduling
> problem next week and may not be able to attend.
> 
> Carl-Uno
> 
> Carl-Uno Manros
> Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
> 701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
> Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
> Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 



More information about the Ipp mailing list