Randy Turner rturner at sharplabs.com
Wed Nov 18 19:33:51 EST 1998

Yes the -05 spec defines how the HTTP scheme is interpreted.

You could use the "ipp:" scheme using the approach in MOD, but you would be broken
in environments that do not have SLP or LDAP installed. Because the "ipp" scheme
does not dictate that SSL/TLS negotiation is enabled, and this is the
"first" thing that happens on the connection, before the client could open a
'non-secure' connection and query the server attributes directly.

Randy