IPP> Re: SLP Printer Service Template

Caruso, Angelo Angelo.Caruso at usa.xerox.com
Thu Nov 5 14:47:30 EST 1998

Pete,

I have no problem using two separate attributes. But, I do think that color
and mono are appropriate here. I don't think min and max are as useful,
since you usually need more info to understand what set of printing options
give you min and max. Whereas, color and mono max speeds are commonly quoted
specs that have meaning to most people familiar with printers. And, like it
says in the current draft for pages-per-minute: "This attribute is
informative, NOT a service guarantee". User agent UI's and printer-fitting
applications will need to keep this fact in mind.

Thanks,
Angelo