Zehler, Peter PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Mon May 20 11:49:25 EDT 2002

Bob,

Was it added as a generic term for any type of binding (e.g. tape, coil
binding, plastic comb) without identifying the bound edge ?  I am not aware
of the value 'bind' being used for "finishings" in any implementation.  Any
Printer that offers finishing normally describes the type of finishing with
a specific value instead of the generic 'bind'. (see
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.1.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.1.pdf> )  This spec resolves
the bind location but still does not qualify the type of binding.  Do we
need to add some new values/qualifiers to the PWG model?

Pete

	Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Architecture Center