IPP> Short Notes from IETF 53

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Mar 25 14:36:47 EST 2002

Hi Carl-Uno,

Re addressing AD comments on the IPP URL spec, please see the following
excerpted change log from my release note of the RFC-ready draft-04.

    <draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-04.txt> (10 January 2002)

I'm sorry I can't find any copy of a note from Ned with specific comments
on the IPP URL spec (i.e., the previous April 2001 version) during the
IESG last call in December 2001.

Appendix X - Change History

   [To be deleted before RFC publication]

   10 January 2002 - draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-04.txt
   - final edits after IESG 'last call' comments;
   - revised all titles in sections 4.x to remove redundant prefix of
     'IPP URL Scheme', for readability;
   - revised 'Abstract', section 1 'Introduction', section 4.1
     'Applicability and Intended Usage', section 4.5 'Syntax in ABNF',
     and section 6 'IANA Considerations', to explicitly state that the
     "ipp" URL scheme is intended for IANA registration in the IETF URL
     scheme tree;
   - revised section 4.5 'Syntax in ABNF', to delete references to
     unused ABNF components from [RFC2396];
   - revised section 11 'Authors' Addresses', to update contact info for
     both editors and to add the IPP Web page and mailing list
     subscription info;
   - moved 'Appendix X - Change History' to back of document, to
     facilitate final edits for RFC publication (including deletion of
     change history);