[IPP] MIME attachments in IPP

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Fri Jun 13 11:50:10 UTC 2014

All,
I just wanted to check that IPP uses HTTP chunking and that the document data is inline in the request and not in a separate MIME attachment. I was asked and I don't see anything in the encoding specification that puts the data in a MIME attachment.  I think WS-Print/scan did it that way.  The confusion is over the Get-Next-Document-Images operation that  includes

Group 3: Document content

The document content is sent as a MIME attachment. Note that the IPP Scan Client
MUST be ready to accept a chunked response.

I think I should strike the clause "The document content is sent as a MIME attachment."

Pete

Peter Zehler

[parc]
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com<mailto:Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com>
Office: +1 (585) 265-8755
Mobile: +1 (585) 329-9508
FAX: +1 (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler