It occurs to me, after looking at the current stable draft of IPP Finishings 2.1, that we don't have a high-level "Changes" section detailing the changes between published versions of PWG 5100.1 like we do for RFC2910bis and RFC2911bis, and that such a section would help our discussions at the F2F as well as providing useful context for readers once the update is published.
11. Overview of Changes
11.1 Changes in IPP Finishings v2.1
The following changes were made for IPP Finishings v2.1:
- Added finishing enums and templates for multiple-hole punching and an engineering Z fold.
- Defined an extension naming convention for the "finishing-template" member attribute.
- Added the "media-sheets-supported" member attribute for the "finishings-col-database" and "finishings-col-ready" attributes.
- Added the "stitching-method" member attribute for the "finishings-col", "finishings-col-database", and "finishings-col-ready" attributes.
- Added the "printer-finisher-supplies" and "printer-finisher-supplies-description" attributes.
11.2 Changes in IPP Finishings v2.0
The following changes were made for IPP Finishings v2.0:
- Moved definition of PWG 5100.3 "finishings-col" attribute to this document and added new member attributes for all finishings processes.
- Added finishing enums and templates for coating, lamination, triple stapling, different kinds of punching, and common folds.
- Added the "finishings-col-database" and "job-pages-per-set" attributes.
- Added the "media-size" and "media-size-name" member attributes for the "finishings-col-database" and "finishings-col-ready" attributes.
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer