[IPP] Initial draft of IPP Document Object v1.1 posted

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Sep 20 03:53:25 UTC 2018

All,

I have posted an initial draft of an errata update of the IPP Document Object specification to:

	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippdocobject11-20180919.docx
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippdocobject11-20180919.pdf

Due to the number of changes made in this initial draft, I haven't bothered generating a -rev (the template and organization changes alone would mark the whole document changed).  Please do take a look at the change list in section 15.1.

The TL;DR: summary is this: I simplified the whole spec, obsoleted a bunch of things that have been broken for a long time, and removed a bunch of things that are defined in other specs.  The result is a much shorter spec (45 pages vs. 78) with clear conformance requirements and (I hope) a much better chance of being interoperable and testable.