[IPP] RFC: Add "printer-serial-number (text(255))" to NODRIVER

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:13:06 UTC 2020

Hi Mike,

Right.  5107.2, in order to preserve space for the important info
(interpreters
and MIME types), does NOT allow other keywords in a conformant string
(except for vendor proprietary ones on the right hand end of the string).

Of course, we're deprecating IEEE 1284 Device ID entirely in IPP, so this is
not the right place to hide serial number info.

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
<blueroofmusic at gmail.com>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839