nchen at okidata.com nchen at okidata.com
Thu Mar 20 09:01:33 EDT 2008

All,

The WG Last Call was closed at the end of business yesterday. I have not
received further comments since last teleconference.
Here is the Last Call comment from the last teleconference, and some
comments I have so far for the WG Last Call:

#1. From the last teleconference -
Comment: Scan Client should only interact with Scan Service. There should
be a separate client interact with Scan Template Manager Service.
Resolution: We have defined a separate client called Scan Template Manager
Client that interacts with Scan Template Mnager Service. The network
scanning client application contains a Scan Client and optionally a Scan
Template Management Client. The changes have been reflected in the update
Model Semantics and Service Interface document.

Below are my recommended changes that are essential after the last
teleconference:
#2  Abstract, IEEE document title, Introduction must be modified to
reflect the content is about Use Cases & Requirements, not the model
semantics and interfaces.

#3  Terminology must be changed to be consistent with the changes in the
model semantics and interfaces. The following terms are not referenced in
this requirement document and will not be included :
        - Active Job
        - Image
        - Job History

#4  In Use Cases 1 & 2, "Scan Client" will be changed to "network scanning
client application" in Use Case diagram and processing flow. In the Design
Requirements, "Scan Client" will be changed to "network scanning client
application" that uses "Scan Client" to request Scan Service operations
and uses "Scan Template Manager Client" to request Scan Template Manager
Service operations.

#5  Remove "Conformance Requirements" section, or make a note that we
leave this to the Model Semantics and Service Interfaces for a complete
specification.

#6  "PWG and IANA Registration Consideration" section - the requirements
for PWG Scan service type definition and registration with IANA from
service discovery use case should be reiterated and specified here.

#7  Remove ?Internationalization Consideration? section, or make a note
that we leave this to the Model Semantics and Service Interfaces for a
complete specification.

Let's discuss your opinions in today's teleconference.

-Nancy
Nancy Chen
Solutions and Technology
Oki Data