PMP> What exactly is the definition of "Offline"?

PMP> What exactly is the definition of "Offline"?

STUART at KEI-CA.CCMAIL.CompuServe.COM STUART at KEI-CA.CCMAIL.CompuServe.COM
Tue Apr 29 15:32:33 EDT 1997

     Jay,

     I have been baffled by the use of Online in PrtSubUnitStatusTC.  The
     text is:

     On-Line

                      Intended state is On-Line       0
                      Intended state is Off-Line      32

     I thought this value was NOT indicating the current state of the
     device, but rather the intended state (although I couldn't think of
     any devices with intended states of Off-line).  If this is to indicate
     current state, "Intended" should be changed to "Current".

     I also agree that what constitutes an Off-line state should be
     clarified.

     Stuart Rowley
     Kyocera Electronics