Henerlau, Paul henerlau at sharplabs.com
Fri Oct 23 16:10:51 EDT 1998

		Ron, Lloyd, Randy, et al -

		    As we are putting the finishing touches on
		our finishing MIB implementation, I again
		wish to thank you for your addressing the
		issue of the PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC,
		and including an items(18) which we could
		use for the finisher staplers.

		    We have since then come across another item
		which is of interest, and I wish to bring to your attention.

		    In the Printer MIB, in the PrtMarkerSuppliesLevel
		description, there are definitions of other(-1),
		unknown(-2), and atLeastOne(-3).

		    In the Finishing MIB, for the finSupplyCurrentLevel,
		there exist only the enumeration for the first two
		of these categories.

		    Seeing as the finSupplyType follows the
		PrtMarkerSuppliesTypeTC, would it be reasonable
		to have the finSupplyCurrentLevel adopt the
		same conventions and include an enumeration
		for atLeastOne(-3)?

		    As you might well guess, this is of interest
		to us in that our finSupply sensor can only
		detect if there are zero or "atLeastOne"
		of its supply items available.

		    Thoughts, anyone?

		-- Paul Henerlau

	[henerlau at sharplabs.com]