McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Mar 15 13:14:38 EST 2006

Hi,

Reminder of another MFP conference call that's scheduled for:

  Tuesday 28 March 2006 at 11am US EST / 8am US PST

The three new agenda items from minutes item 7 below are:

There are three other issues that should be discussed and resolved
as they could have significant impact on the project.

a) Fax Modem: The Printer MIB current defines a Channel Type of
"chFax(18)". Ira mentioned in the MFP Alerts BOF that this has been
modeled as an interface by other groups. An Interface group also has
been included within the Counters MIB. What information is required
to adequately model a Fax Modem?

b) MFP Alert Objects: Xerox (Thomas Silver) has indicated they would
like to make a proposal on this subject. It has been noted that the
generation of even a small number of objects will certainly be a much
more significant undertaking than the other task. However, we should
carefully examine the benefit of additional objects and, if the value
is significant, they will be added.

c) Service: From the minutes of the last teleconference; "It was also
noted that to properly define alerts, services as well as physical
entities are needed". There appears to also be a counter argument. We
need to obtain a "rough" consensus on this issue and then take the
appropriate action.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434