PMP> Another document for MFP Alerts telecon

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Jun 7 16:50:15 EDT 2006

Hi Pete and Tom,

Interesting and far-reaching document.  I'd encourage Tom to look
over the extensive coverage of multifunction DEVICES as well as
Services in my current draft PWG Imaging System MIB, which I
believe answers most all the HR MIB extension needs in Tom's
paper -

For actual changes to IETF Host Resources MIB (RFC 2790)
or IETF Printer MIB v2 (RFC 3805), note that IESG review approval
now takes 8 months and RFC Editor processing takes 2 years!
That's nearly three years delay after document completion!

Of course, a new PWG MIB can freely reference and augment any
existing tables in IETF Printer MIB or IETF HR MIB - the current
PWG process delay after document completion is about 4 months.

I just read the new RFC 4423 that says on the cover page that it
represents the authors' thinking "in the Fall of 2003" (when it was
submitted to the IESG).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434