PWG-ANNOUNCE> Schedule for Monterey Meeting

don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Wed May 27 07:33:19 EDT 1998

Here is the tentative schedule for the Monterey meetings.  Note that we
will only have 1.5 days for 1394 printing this time in order to try and
have a strong kick-off for the Universal Printer Driver work.  We will have
to make a determination as to how we schedule this work in the long term
but it has suffered with several exploratory evening meetings which have
varied in interest.  Paul Moore from Microsoft will be at the Tuesday UPD
meeting and with Sandra Matts from HP as chair, I hope we will be able to
move this effort forward.

Monday, July 13
                 8:30 - 6:00     1394 Printing
Tuesday, July 14
                 8:30 - Noon     1394 Printing
                 1:00 - 6:00     UPD (Universal Printer Driver)
Wednesday, July 15
                 8:30 - 11:00    PWG Plenary Session
                11:00 - 6:00     IPP
Thursday, July 16
                 8:30 - 6:00     IPP Notification
                                 SDP (Server-Device Protocol)
Friday, July 17
                 8:30 - 3:00     MIBs (Finisher, Traps, etc.)

In the future, I expect the MIB work to move to an evening sessions and the
UPD work to move to Fridays which will return the 1394 printing effort back
to 2 full days.  Plan accordingly!!

On the SDP front, I would like to find a separate chair to drive this
effort.  If you are looking for an opportunity to make a contribution to
the industry, please let me know.  Seeing these kind of efforts completed
and products shipping is a very fulfilling experience.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *